- Makes: 1 serving
- Serving Size: 2 1/4 cups
- Active Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes (plus overnight to freeze banana)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups chopped ripe cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place unpeeled banana in the freezer overnight (or for up to 3 months).
- Remove the banana from the freezer and let it sit until the skin begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove the skin with a paring knife. (Don’t worry if a little fiber remains.) Cut the banana into chunks. Add to a blender or food processor along with cantaloupe, yogurt, dry milk, orange juice and vanilla. Blend until smooth.